AA Singapore launches AA Road Safety Partnerships for Senior Drivers
Automobile Association of Singapore partners Liberty Insurance Singapore and Singapore Optometric Association (SOA) to launch initiatives for senior drivers
Singapore, 23 January 2014 – Today, the Automobile Association of Singapore (AA) announced its strategic partnerships with Liberty Insurance Singapore and the Singapore Optometric Association (SOA) with service offerings designed for the benefit of the motoring community, in particular senior drivers, and potentially the general public.
AA and Liberty Insurance Singapore jointly announced the launch of AA Senior Motor Plus1, the first motor insurance policy designed for senior drivers in Singapore. Designed in response to the needs of senior drivers who have increasingly faced challenges with high premium costs and even securing coverage when over 65 years of age, AA Senior Motor Plus is the first insurance policy available in Singapore that meets the needs of senior drivers and takes into consideration the applicant’s driving record and claims experience.
“AA Singapore is proud to partner with Liberty Insurance Singapore to launch AA Senior Motor Plus, a very unique and exclusive insurance product for AA senior members over the age of 65,” said Mr Bernard Tay, President of AA, “given that we represent 83,000 motorists, it is important for us to work towards addressing any gaps for drivers. Being adequately insured as a senior is important not just to the individual but also to their family and loved ones; and it is time that responsible older drivers in Singapore are provided with a customised solution to address their needs.”
The new AA Senior Motor Plus policy provides S$50,000 in personal accident benefits. The new product is in addition to range of other insurance offerings2 by AA and the motoring association views this long term partnership with Liberty Insurance Singapore as another way of providing unique benefits available only to AA members. More information on this policy is available in the Appendix.
Maintaining good eyesight also goes hand-in-hand with responsible driving to prevent accidents. The provision of free eye health checks by SOA for AA members addresses this concern directly by encouraging motorists to have regular eye checks, especially for drivers above 65 years old. Annual eye check - ups with a qualified optometrist or ophthalmologist to ensure that all aspects of their vision are functioning well is a message that AA and SOA strongly advocate.
From now till 30 April 2014, AA Singapore is also offering 65% off 1 - year Ordinary Membership subscription or renewal fees, applicable to new or existing Ordinary Members who are aged 65 and above. As the representing voice for motorists in Singapore, AA continues to explore ways to bridge the gap faced by the motoring public with strategic partnerships with relevant agencies and like - minded organisations, to provide suitable products and services not only for AA members, but potentially for the community at large.
As the representing voice for motorists in Singapore, AA continues to explore ways to bridge the gap faced by the motoring public with strategic partnerships with relevant agencies and like - minded organisations, to provide suitable products and services not only for AA members, but potentially for the community at large.
About Automobile Association of Singapore
As a representative of the Singapore motoring arena since 1907, the Automobile Association of Singapore (AA) is committed to serving the needs of its over 83,000 members and the local motoring community. The Association is a voice of motorists, acting as a bridge between the motoring public and the relevant authorities. AA members can enjoy emergency roadside assistance as well as benefits and privileges at a myriad of motoring and lifestyle outlets both locally and worldwide. AA’s vision is to be the partner in motoring and to excel as the leader in quality vehicle recovery and motoring services in Singapore. For more information, please visit www.aas.com.sg
About Liberty Insurance Singapore
Liberty Insurance Singapore is a leading general insurer championing responsible living and behaviour in Singapore. In offering a full range of both personal and commercial insurance products, Liberty Insurance Singapore enables the protection and security of one’s personal and commercial property, assets, and legal liabilities. At Liberty Insurance Singapore, we are responsible to help you live safer, more secured lives.
Liberty Insurance Singapore is a 100% owned strategic business unit of Liberty Mutual Group. Headquartered in Boston, Liberty Mutual Insurance, a diversified global insurer, ranks 81st on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. corporations based on 2012 revenue. As of 31 December 2012, Liberty Mutual Insurance had $120.1 billion in consolidated assets, $101.5 billion in consolidated liabilities and $36.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Liberty Mutual Insurance currently employs over 50,000 people in m ore than 900 offices throughout the world.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Lynda Lim (Ms)
Corporate Communications Manager
T: +65 6333 8811 ext 153
M: +65 9686 1479
1Benefits of AA Senior Motor Plus
- 5% premium discount for eligible policyholders with 30 or more years of driving experience, with 50% No-Claim Discount (NCD) and no claims in the last 3 years
- Additional 10% premium discount for AA members
- Free medical examination for driving licence by appointed medical provider network, and corporate discounts on medical services and supplies from the network
- Complimentary transport to destination in the event the insured car is not roadworthy after a reported accident or breakdown
- Free car inspection and corporate discounts on car maintenance service by appointed workshops
- Preferential 5% discount for Liberty’s SeniorCare and selected personal lines insurance products
- 24/7 access to Liberty Assistance Hotline (1800-LIBERTY) for roadside and claim assistance
- Excess waiver of up toS$500 for policies with 50% No Claim Discount (NCD), or up to S$300 for 0-40% NCD, for the first claim if the insured car is repaired at Liberty's preferred workshops
Eligibility for AA Senior Motor Plus
- At the start of the policy period, policyholders must be at least 65 years old with 4 or more years of driving experience
- All named drivers must be at least 27 years old with 4 or more years of driving experience and no claims in the last 3 years. Additional excess may apply to unnamed drivers
- The coverage is only for private cars
- The car of the policyholder must be for private usage, and there is no coverage if it is rented or leased out
- Area of coverage is limited to Singapore and West Malaysia only. Additional excess may apply for driving to West Malaysia
*Subject to the Terms and Conditions of an actual policy
2List of other insurance offerings by Automobile Association Insurance Services
Comprehensive Motor Insurance exclusively distributed by AAIS
- Enhanced AA AutoPlan (underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.)
- AA Auto Insurance (underwritten by NTUC Income)
- AA Motor Plus (underwritten Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd)
- AA Senior Motor Plus (underwritten Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd)
Travel Insurance products
- Travel Guard (underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.)
- Student Assist (underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.)
- Tour Care Plus (underwritten Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd)
Home Content Insurance products
- Enhanced AA HomePlan (underwritten by AIG Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.)